By MAMAMIA TEAM
1. Kim Kardashian’s engagement ring sells at auction.
You can be forgiven for forgetting Kim Kardashian’s blink-and-you-miss-it marriage to Kris Humphries. The pair were married for just 72 days before they broke it off on 31 October 2011.
Now nearly two years later NBA basketball player Kris Humphries, who received the ring in the marriage dissolution, has sold the 20-carat sparkler at a Christie’s auction in New York.
An anonymous buyer snapped up the second-hand bling for US$620,000.
With Christie’s additional premium the new owner will pay a total of US$749,000 for the ring, which is a steal considering the ring’s initial reported worth (at the time of their engagemen) was US$2 million.
Us Weekly reports that it was Kardashian, not Humphries,who initially paid for the ring herself, and that reports it was worth $2 million were inflated.
“Kim has been waiting for the day he would auction it,” a source told Us Weekly in September. “Everyone always asked what Kim did with the ring — she silently gave it back over a year ago. And Kris waited until the divorce was final to sell it.”
According to Forbes a portion of the proceeds will be donated to a (yet to be named) charity.
2. Entertainment Weekly has reunited the stars of Frasier, Mystic Pizza and The X-Files. Click here to see what the casts look like now.
3. Worthington shares first snap of Bingle on Instagram.
Sam Worthington and Lara Bingle have been making no secret of their new relationship around Sydney, and now the Avatar actor has uploaded a photo of the pair on social media.
The 37 year-old posted this snap on his Instagram account with the simple caption “Hoi @mslbingle”.
4. Neil Patrick Harris doesn’t look like this any more. He’s usually “suiting up” as Barney Stinson on How I Met Your Mother, but he’s “glittering up” for his latest role. Click here to see his amazing transformation.
5. Which Victoria Secret Angel will strap $10 million to her cleavage?
So clearly it’s a time honoured tradition that we should all know about.
Gisele Bündchen’s worn it, Heidi Klum’s had a crack and so has Alessandra Ambrósio. Can you tell it’s a huge honour to be bestowed?
Contrary to popular belief, the Fantasy Bra is not made of beige elasticated fabric but thousands of precious jewels (close though). This year’s will be the most expensive ever made, coming in at a cool $10 million. So no, you probably can’t pick it up at your local Bras ‘N’ Things.