1. Sure, sure, some people won awards, and had their talent recognised and celebrated at the MTV Movie Awards last night. But the thing we were most excited about? A screening of the first look at the new The Hunger Games: Catching Fire trailer.
Although Jennifer Lawrence – who plays Katniss Everdeen – wasn’t at the awards ceremony, co-star Liam Hemsworth took to the stage to introduce the teaser trailer for the highly anticipated flick.
For Hunger Games fans, who already know what happens in the book, there won’t be many surprises in the trailer. And for non-Hunger Games fans, you might not have any idea what’s going on, anyway.
But some particular highlights to look out for in the trailer include the first appearance of Plutarch Heavensbee (Philip Seymour Hoffman), the usual ‘Girl on Fire’ fire, Effie Trinket’s (Elizabeth Banks) outrageous outfits and a kiss between two of the characters.
2. Which English actress has filmed a pole dancing scene for an upcoming movie? We were a little surprised. Click here to see the clip.Advertisement
3. What else happened at the MTV Movie Awards? Well, Rebel Wilson got even cooler…
And even cooler again….
But the biggest ‘what the?!’ moment of the evening occurred when actress Aubrey Plaza, from comedy television series Parks and Recreation, ‘pulled a Kanye’ and was ejected from the awards after stage-crashing Will Ferrell’s acceptance speech for Comedic Genius.
Plaza, who was seated in the front row of the awards ceremony, ran up onto the stage while Ferrell was speaking, and started trying to pull the golden popcorn out of his hands.
Ferrell was clearly confused, saying, “What’s happening?” and asking Plaza, “Are you OK?”
After tugging on his award for a few more moments, Plaza returned to her seat.
According to MTV, the incident wasn’t rehearsed, although Ferrell joked while on stage, “Aubrey Plaza, everyone. Just like we rehearsed it. Perfect, it was perfect. Not too long, not too short. Right on the money.”
The actress was ejected from the awards ceremony soon after, but she tweeted about it on Monday morning – referencing the infamous incident when Kanye West interrupted Taylor Swift at the 2009 MTV Music Video Awards.
Plaza had the title of her latest film, indie comedy The To-Do List scrawled across her chest. Presumably her motivation was the old adage, ‘all publicity is good publicity’.
Check out all the red carpet fashion from the MTV Movie Awards below…
4. Drew Barrymore has revealed the unusual side effect she experienced during pregnancy.Click here to read more.
5. Miranda Kerr may no longer be a Victoria’s Secret Angel, but she sure makes a good flight attendent.
The runway model opened a show for Qantas today at Sydney’s Hordern Pavilion, where the airline was unveiling their new uniforms.
The uniforms are designed by Martin Grant, a Paris-based designer, and hark back to the flight attendent uniforms of days gone by, with a distinct retro feel. Click through the gallery below for pics of Miranda modelling the uniform on the runway:
The long-running soap will thrill Australian daytime television audiences for the last time on April 26 – but the show will remain on US television, and NBC has already contracted the show until 2014.
Channel 9 has said the show is being dropped for “commercial reasons”.
Like sand through the hourglass….
7. 30 Rock’s Tracey Morgan has caused a furore at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival. Click here to read why.
This morning in an interview with Kyle Sandilands and Jackie O, McMullen said that he and Delta “were never dating”.
“We were just two very young single people who would hold hands occasionally … we are still very close”.
The couple may have tried to play coy last year – which was hard, considering paparazzi photos of the pair together were regularly circulated – but apparently their “something” was over by August
9. Josh Duhamel is so excited to become a dad, he’s taken to serenading Fergie’s baby bump. Swoon! Click here to read more.
10. Sporty Spice (that’s Melanie Chisholm) is apparently sick of seeing semi-naked photos of David Beckham everywhere.
Chisholm has revealed that seeing publicity photos of good friend Victoria ‘Posh Spice’ Beckham’s husband makes her uncomfortable. She told Daily Mail, “When you see David in his [underpants] quite a lot, you think, ‘that’s my friend’s husband, and I really don’t want to see him in his pants’.”
Melanie continued, “Brand Beckham is huge and they’ve worked so hard at building that huge empire. Great, but there is a negative side to that. I see it all the time, the endless public fascination with them. I really feel for Victoria actually, because you can see whenever we meet up, she walks into a room and all eyes are on her. That’s a huge pressure.’