1. Beyonce has spoken about her miscarriage for the first time, describing it as “the saddest thing” she’s ever been through.
“About two years ago, I was pregnant for the first time,” the pop star, 31, reveals in an upcoming HBO documentary about her life, called Life is But a Dream.
“And I heard the heartbeat, which was the most beautiful music I ever heard in my life. I picked out names. I envisioned what my child would look like . . . I was feeling very maternal.”
Beyonce lost the baby in the early stages of her pregnancy, receiving the heartbreaking news during a check-up in New York. The former Destiny’s Child star says she found solace in songwriting.
“I went into the studio and wrote the saddest song I’ve ever written in my life … it was the best form of therapy for me.”
Beyonce and her husband, rapper Jay-Z, 43, are now parents to one-year-old Blue Ivy. While this is the first time Beyonce has publicly spoken of the miscarriage, Jay-Z made a reference to it in his track ‘Glory’, which was recorded within days of Blue’s birth in January 2012.
2. Everyone was talking about Brad Pitt in the Chanel ad – but we think this one is far pervier. Watch and see.
3. Anne Hathaway’s Les Miserables performance of ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ has been spoofed in a hilarious viral video.
With a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors’ Guild Award already under her belt, Hathaway’s odds are looking good for the upcoming Oscars. But an actress and grad school team from California have decided to push harder for Anne to take home the prize, producing a spoof video called ‘For Your Consideration.’
Take a look here:
4. This is possibly the best interpretation of YOLO (You Only Live Once) that you will ever hear. Click here to listen.
5. David Beckham is donating the salary for his latest football contract to a children’s charity.
The 37-year-old footballer and husband of former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham, has signed a five-month contract with the Ligue 1 football team Paris St Germain, following five years with LA Galaxy.
During a press conference Beckham announced his decision to join the Parisian league was based on “something quite unique”. “I won’t receive any salary. My salary will go to a local children’s charity,” he explained. “That’s one of the things we’re excited and proud to do. It’s something exciting and I’m not sure it’s been done before.”