Welcome to weekend fluff, a place where you can stop trying to remember your Great-Uncle’s girlfriend’s name (place cards are too damn stressful) and start spending time with your extra-extended – read: celebrity – family.
They’ve brought lots of stories to share with you over Christmas dinner. From babies to weddings and even seriously funny viral videos, your extra-extended family are sure to keep you entertained this weekend.
1. Kate Middleton has made her first public appearances since her hospitalisation for acute morning sickness. The 30-year-old pregnant Duchess attended the BBC Sports Personality of the Year awards ceremony, wearing a dark green dress by Alexander McQueen.
Later on in the week, she and Prince William threw a Christmas party for their staff. The pair hosted 27 members of staff for lunch – including members of the Household Cavalry, their press team and private secretaries – at the Bumpkin restaurant in London. Awesome. When was the last time you went to lunch with the cavalry?
To see pictures of the Duchess’ adventures, check out our gallery below:
5. The World’s Sexiest Man is having a baby. Channing Tatum – who was named PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive in November – has announced that he and his wife, Jenna Dewan-Tatum, are expecting their first child.
In other baby news: 33-year-old actress Claire Danes has given birth to her first child – a baby boy named Cyrus Michael Christopher Dancy on Monday December 17 (it is yet to be confirmed as to whether or not the baby is named after Billy Ray Cyrus. We think: yes.)
Flick through our gallery of other celebrities who have recently welcomed babies:
7. While we’re talking celebrity kids, Romeo Beckham is the new face of Burberry.(We assume that this is a temporary position, because as soon as that baby Channing is born.. well, ‘cute celebrity kid’ is going to be redefined.) The 10-year-old son of Victoria and David Beckham is the star of their 2013 Spring/Summer campaign. See the video below:
Romeo isn’t the only celebrity child to be tapped for a modelling gig. Take a look through our gallery:
9. Pictures of Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively’s wedding have FINALLY been released. The pair married three months ago but have only just revealed the first glimpse of their super-intimate ceremony.
Martha Stewart Weddings have posted a picture of 36-year-old Reynolds and 25-year-old Lively holding hands. The image shows just a fraction of Lively’s Marchesa gown, which featured “a fitted bodice, illusion crystal beading on the shoulders, and rose-gold embroidery”.
You can see Reynolds’ Burberry suit and their wedding rings in the picture too. There’s also a sneak peek of the bouquet and the dessert table. More photos will appear in the winter issue of Martha Stewart Weddings, out on December 24.
11. Which celebrity requires eight “tall, leafy” plants in their dressing room, as well as bendy straws and Polish natural spring water? Pop diva Mariah Carey. She’s coming to Australia next week for her first Australian tour in over 15 years, and accompanying her is her entire list of backstage riders.
Her dressing room should be airconditioned at “about 75 degrees” and there should be a lamp in her bathroom so that “harsh lighting may be turned off”. The dressing room should also be fully equipped with two hot air humidifiers, two air purifiers, eight “tall, leafy plants” and two vases of white roses.
In addition to the above, all furniture must be in plain colours with “no busy patterns”. She also needs a whole lot of pricey champagne. Which is ridiculous because everyone knows if you drink champagne through a bendy straw you get the hiccups.
12. Anne Hathaway and Samuel L. Jackson have had a fight. Why do they call it Boxing Day? Because it’s a fight man, a serious fight, a fight for BOX OFFICE AND CINEMATIC GLORY. Okay, maybe not. But the two did do a pretty funny skit for Funny or Die to see whether Hathaway’s Les Miserables or Jacksons’ Django was the saddest film of the happy season. Watch it below: