You know that she’s married to the unreasonably good-looking Ryan Reynolds and starred in Gossip Girl- but we promise you haven’t heard these five facts about the delightful Blake Lively:
1. She was never all that interested in acting. But her parents are showbiz royalty -both are actors- so she was taken along to the acting classes they taught, and she learned the basics of acting that way. It was only when her brothers practically dragged her to an audition that she scored her first real role in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. (Her dad, Ernie, ended up playing her onscreen dad in the film.)
2. She has a girl-crush on Beyonce. So much so that, following Beyonce’s 2013 Super Bowl halftime performance, she told E! News, “Oh, my gosh! I just want Beyoncé to be the mother of my children… I mean, they had interesting lighting and they had interesting production, but it was really her. I just thought that was amazing.”
3. On Gossip Girl, she wore a $22,000 outfit – in a school scene. She told InStyle magazine that, as Serena van der Woodsen, she wore a $12,000 John Galliano jacket and a $10,000 Chanel coat to the first day of school. Well, that beats a green plaid kilt hands down.
4. She’s quite the homemaker. Since marrying Reynolds in June last year, the couple have spent $2m on a cottage in Bedford, New York. “We loved the kitchen,” she’s said in interviews. “It’s really the family room.” Lively has also said she comes from a family of great cooks: “We’ve got a big family, and we’re very close,” she said in the same interview. “My brothers are great at pies, and the girls usually do the savory things.”
You can watch Lively (and her giant wedding ring) make her favourite pastry in Vogue’s cooking series.
5. She wants 30 children. Well, she may have been exaggerating, but Lively comes from a family of seven and has made no secret of her desire for a giant clan of her own. “I’ve always wanted a big family,” she told Allure. “Oh, I’d love 30 [children] if I could.”
Haven’t had your Lively fix? Fashion-stalk the woman below.