By JO HARTLEY
We all know that being a parent is challenging right? But if you saw the parenting role in ad format first, would it make you think twice about applying? Here’s a little insight as to why the role is not quite as easy and fun as some may think (particularly those who insist I am a lady of leisure….if only!)
Sydney Location! Work one on one with the CEO! Challenging Role!
Are you a slightly frumpy, chocolate eating, wine drinking and tired individual looking for variety and challenge? Want to work in a small team where you are truly valued*? Then look no further!
For more than 1.5 years this family owned business has been surviving as one of Australia’s many households with a small child. With a strong focus on getting through the day and getting as much sleep as possible, this small team prides itself on its ability to multi task and its dedication to the local Bottle shop.
With rapid growth and expansion projected for the foreseeable future, this dynamic Partnership is now searching for a suitably qualified and experienced individual to join their business as a Mummy Double, with a strong focus on cooking, cleaning, singing, dancing and taxi driving.
Responsibilities will include;
- Answering phones – mainly Fisher Price ones
- Handling CEO demands & enquiries– you will need to know where any requested toy is at any given time
- Managing CEO toy inbox and outbox
- Managing electronic filing systems – Leapfrog platform used – training provided
- Diary management
- General day to day ad hoc tasks
- Liaison with Senior Management
To be considered for this role you will;
- Present with previous experience working within a similar role reporting to a demanding CEO
- Be able to demonstrate specific experience in singing and performing a multitude of songs/smash hits of the Wiggles
- Be able to demonstrate specific experience in surviving on a few hours sleep on a consistent basis
- Be highly competent in the task of disguising vegetables in food preparation
- Present with an active imagination and not bore easily of cars or transport games
- Be able to demonstrate a number of different character voices whilst reading stories
- Be a warm individual who is able to demonstrate an exceptional attitude to their work and peers no matter how tired or WHAT the situation
Located in Sydney, this role doesn’t offer a salary, any career progression or any flexibility. Working hours are generally 5am to 8pm, however, you will be required to be on call during the night shift to cover for Senior Managers should they be unavailable to attend to the CEO.
If this is the opportunity you are looking for, then don’t hesitate in applying today!
*This was true for 5 minutes at the time of going to print.
Jo Hartley is a blogging wannabe yummy Mummy who used to want it all, but now would happily compromise this for simply being able to finish a whole cup of tea and going to the toilet in peace! Check out her blog here.