1. Tom Hanks is the best. Really.
Imagine waking up after a big night out… and discovering pictures of Hollywood actor and 90s room-com leading man, Tom Hanks on your iPhone. You’d think you were still drunk.
But that’s exactly what happened to the young man pictured.
Tom Hanks (as in THE actual Tom Hanks) was having a drink with a friend, when he noticed this young man passed out at a nearby table. Hanks walked over to make sure the guy was okay, and noticed his smart phone lying on the table… So he took a few happy snaps, and put the phone back into the young man’s pocket.
And that’s why you should always drink responsibly, lest you miss your chance to meet an Oscar winner… and remember it.
2. Kim Kardashian has denied binge eating and extreme dieting while pregnant. Read her side of the story here.
3. Real Housewives in Spanx war. Pre-emptive strike over elasticity of waist bands likely any day.
Sara Blakely, founder of shapewear brand Spanx, has launched a lawsuit against Heather Thomson, founder of Yummie Tummie over a slimming singlet design.
Thomson issued a ‘cease and desist’ letter against Spanx in January stating that the brand stole Yummie Mummie’s belly-slimming singlet, which is a patented design.
“We contacted Spanx by letter [through legal counsel] on Jan. 18 to notify them that they were infringing on my patent ideas and we asked them to cease and desist. Spanx then asked for a [one-month] extension to be able to do their own due diligence…They responded on Feb. 14 saying they didn’t think there was any patent infringement and requested another extension,” Thomson told Women’s Wear Daily.
Blakely responded in a statement to WWD: “Spanx was making shaping camisoles long before Yummie Tummie. We have no further comment. The papers filed in court provide our position at this time.”
Yummie Tummie’s Thomson then responded with this message for Blakely: “I hope [Spanx] is ready for war because I will not lie down,” she said.
4. Josh Duhamel has performed a hilarious bump-off with wife Fergie at the Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice Awards. Giggle at it here.
5. Wacky celebrity outfit of the day: the pom pom edition.
What do you get when you mix oversize pom poms with a blue trapeze dress, gladiator flats and knotted Björk style hair? One hot mess that’s what. We can’t decide if this outfit worn by 22-year-old singer, Rita Ora is a disaster or pure cartoon-y genius.
But hey, if you’re ever going to wear all those things at once, Tokyo Fashion Week is the place to do it.
This, and more celebrity ‘would you wear it’ moments below:
[nggallery id=1359 template=carousel images=0]
6. Lindsay Lohan plays Marilyn Monroe in her latest movie and you’ll be amazed by what the critics say about her performance. Read more here.
7. Rugby League romance novels are a thing. Really?
There are steamy romance novels set in hospitals, law firms, publishing houses (oh, so many set in publishing houses – who knew writers were such a randy lot?) and now – in the world of professional sports.
Romance author Donna Gallagher writes a series called League of Love, which include titles such as Mandy’s He-Man, Laura’s Light, and Emily’s Cowboy. From Mandy’s He-Man, a novel in which an artist meets sportsman Jonathan ‘JT’ Thomson…
“Not only is JT the biggest, most muscular man Mandy has ever set eyes on, but he makes a living playing the brutal sport of Rugby League.
So why, then, does Mandy’s body go into lust overdrive at the mere sight of him? She doesn’t feel a hint of alarm as the colours that exist in her mind—created and inspired by her own emotions and her artistic talents—explode with vibrant and passionate intensity. Could JT be the man to remind her that she is still a sensual, amorous woman, a woman deserving of love and tenderness…”
Much like the sport, these books may not be everybody’s cup of tea.
8. Jim Carey has filmed a country & western song mocking/slamming the US gun lobby. And, wow, it’s pretty full-on. Watch it here and decide if he should hire extra bodyguards.
9. A former size 6 Australian model has spoken out about the extreme measures she and others employed in order to maintain their catwalk-ready figures.
Now living a much healthier lifestyle and finding plenty of work as a plus-sized (size 12) model, Lauren Burnett told The Telegraph that she saw girls employ tactics like soaking cotton balls in orange juice and swallowing them to feel fuller. Her own body weight dropped so low at one point she even stopped getting her period.