This is a movie still from Kate Winslet's film, The Reader. So accustomed are we to seeing fake boobs in movies and magazines and on TV, seeing the real thing can be a visual shock. But in a GOOD way. Because this is what many many women see when we look in the mirror. And other than the mirror, it's extraordinarily rare to see other real boobs. Which can leave many of us feeling inadequate about our real boobs. If there were more real boobs depicted in popular culture, perhaps more women would be happier with what they had. Do you think? Send a link to this post to all your female friends as a sign of solidarity.
After her most excellent double win at the Golden Globes (for best supporting actress and best actress), Kate went on Oprah and Oprah high-fived her for having real breasts. And she truly does deserve high-fiving because imagine how much pressure there must be in Hollywood to conform to the utterly unrealistic fakery that almost everyone in Hollywood applies to their bodies. Clip of Kate and Oprah after the jump. It's heaven. Bravo Kate. My bosoms salute you.
…AND EARLIER ON MAMAMIA:
- Cindy Crawford Naked and 43
- I'm really worried about Gwyneth's head
- What if men's penises were re-touched?
- Why small boobs don't exist in Hollywood
- Mariah Carey – un-retouched
- Keira Knightly – boobs by photoshop
- The outrageous re-touching of Jessica Alba
- The magazine daring to run a 'natural' cover