Now when anyone is confused, you need only direct them to the most recent Food Safety Summit in Baltimore. It was here, at a convention devoted entirely to food safety, that four people came down with food poisoning.
Alanis Morissette, please take note.
Just 12 hours after eating at the convention centre, members of the food safety convention reported experiencing diarrhea and an upset stomach.
The Executive Director of the centre was understandably grim, saying, “None of us are very happy when we hear these things.”
Centerplate, the food contractor at the convention centre, released a statement about the incident, saying, “No issue is more important to Centerplate than the health and well-being of our guests. We employ stringent quality and safety protocols in our operations, and we are routinely inspected by health officials to ensure that safe standards are met.”
City health officials have previously issued Centerplate with a violation notice for condensation that was dripping from an ice machine in the kitchen. It is not yet known whether any members of the summit sampled this condensation directly.
Although no particular food has been blamed for the outbreak of illness, we have all gained one very important piece of information about this event.
And that is, school children everywhere now have a suitable definition of irony we can trust.