By JASMINE GARNSWORTHY
Thinking all women love to shop is really quite ludicrous. Like assuming everyone with a 4WD actually goes off-road or that a ‘savings’ account is actually where money is saved, not spent. Let’s be honest, shopping can be an effort. An exhausting, expensive effort. Which is why I’ve saved you the time and picked out key spring looks from Mamamia Shopping that A. You can probably actually afford and B. Look GOOD. Hell, I (and the rest of the Mamamia team) even tried some of them on to make sure they were really as awesome as they looked.
Here’s the list, enjoy:
1. Coloured denim: Surprisingly versatile and flattering, super-bright jeans are just about the most loved (and worn) item in my wardrobe. Look out for cobalt or pastel pink and mint shades. It’s been around for a couple of season now, but this trend is not going anywhere. Try this pair by Brown Sugar here (they’re on SALE for $62.95 and come in red, green and blue. Love that…)
2. Party flats: It’s no secret that I like shiny things, so why should footwear be any exception? It’s really quite clever – if you add some diamontes to a pair of sandals, you have sparkly shoes that can work day and night.
A million times more comfortable than heels, this pair of ‘party flats’ come in at $39.95 and you can get them here. Basically you’ll never end up in a cab line bare foot, feet aching and heels in hand after a night out again. Not that I’ve done that.
3. The statement necklace: Easily the cheapest way to update an outfit, the ‘statement’ necklace can be gold, silver, neon, beaded, you name it. They key is to pick a style that sits high on the neckline and that is, well you know… statement. Here are a few favourites ranging from $18.00 upwards.
4. Pastel polish: Sometimes I struggle to remind myself that not everyone loves colour quite as much as I do. Turns out most people don’t like to wear clashing neon outfits and head-to-toe prints. Go figure. So pastel nail polish, I feel, is a good middle point. It doesn’t have to be purple, you can try out more subtle shades like pink, or have fun with it and wear mint green or lemon yellow. The benefit? You get a little bit of new season colour (all the fashion peeps are really into pastel at the moment just FYI), without going over board. Plus, it’s just a tad cheaper than a new wardrobe, at $17.95 here on Mamamia Shopping.
5. Knits: They’re not just for winter people! Knits instantly make girly skirts casual, or add an I-just-threw-this-on-but-in-a-really-cool-way kinda vibe to denim jeans. This one is $62.95 and is the type of thing you can wear again and again… and again and again and again.
6. Shopper tote: Big enough to fit your whole life and then some, bright, big bags aren’t just for the beach. Disclaimer: you will lose your keys, lipstick, credit card and chewing gum at the bottom of this bag. It’s $35.00 here.
What awesome buys have you found recently?