Welcome to a sponsored post from Kmart. Don’t freak out that it’s about Christmas and it’s only June. THAT IS THE POINT of this post.
Here’s Moira (“from the giftshop”) to tell you how we’re going to make Christmas easier for you and how you can win a $100 Kmart gift voucher….
It’s June and I can finally speak about Christmas without totally falling apart. Just.
You see Christmas last year was very stressful for me. I had 18 people coming over for Christmas lunch and I was so stressed that I could think of nothing else. I placed so much emphasis on ensuring the perfect lunch that I had completely neglected the gift buying. Like completely. Till days before Christmas.
Not only can buying toys be an extremely costly experience, it is also a logistical nightmare. What to buy? Where to buy? Where to store (away from prying eyes) ? and how on earth to afford the entire Christmas haul en masse?
Getting in early is what it’s all about. This year I will be organised. This year I will shop for toys in July
The Kmart toy sale starts today – Thursday 1 July and runs till 14 July. During that time I can pick and select at leisure all the toys I need with extended Christmas layby available on all items in the catalogue. Do you have any idea of how much difference this will make to Christmas shopping? Let me outline it for you.
1. I will not have to trawl through shopping malls finding the perfect shop for a toy for the baby of my friend, one my daughter who believes she’s a fairy and then a separate one for my 15 year old nephew. The Kmart toy sale covers all ages with hundreds of the latest toys, sporting goods, video games consoles and accessories at incredibly low prices. Why, I can even buy something for the biggest kid in my life – the man I married!
2. I can spend hours at home in peace and quiet browsing through the catalogue online (you can do that here) making rational and educated toy choices. I am often reminded that I bought my 9 year old son a beading kit last year because I was in a panic and that was all I could find. I’m looking forward to Christmas shopping with proper list, I will know what everything costs and exactly what I need to buy.
3. Kmart has ridiculously long opening hours. Some stores are even open 24 hours! You can browse the catalogue for 23 hours and still have get time to get to the store before it closes. Although you probably should not drive there if you have not slept in a 24 hour period.
4. Every item featured in the Kmart Toy Sale catalogue will be available on both the Christmas layby and the standard eight-week layby. The Christmas layby is probably the next best thing to Christmas. Seriously. Because….
- You pay in instalments until Christmas, making it easier to budget
- Even if items are not on the shelf, you are still guaranteed the Toy Sale price
- The stock is held at the store, away from prying eyes until Christmas
- There is no interest on the instalments, unlike credit cards
Can you resist that? I can’t. And I won’t. Too clever by far.
And listen to this. After you’ve made your list online you can just breeze into your local Kmart store and head straight to the layby counter with your printed list. Hand it in and they’ll do the rest. No crowds and no trawling through the shelves.
And it gets better. Kmart and Mamamia are going to work together to help you find the perfect gifts for the kids in your life. Just tell us a bit about them – maybe age, gender and interests) . The Mamamia community will be able to respond and suggest toys and so will a Kmart spokesman – so you get personal shopper assistance both from Kmart and from helpful strangers who have been there and bought that.
And there’s more! Kmart have 3 $100 gift vouchers for Mamamia readers. Simply tell us in 50 words or less why you need the voucher and you could be the lucky winner. The 3 comments that get the most thumbs up votes will each win a $100 Kmart gift voucher*. Competition closes 5pm EST on 9 July 2010
So get commenting, get suggesting and start winning. Don’t forget to check out www.kmart.com.au for some inspiration.This competition is now closed – well done and congratulations to Shusannah, Danya and Young Vintage