Mamamia is looking for a senior staff member for our editorial team
Can you tweet and Facebook like a demon? Write clickable headlines and identify sharable content? Do you trawl the net constantly? Do you know what zeitgeist means? Does unearthing a great piece of writing make you tingle? Are you inextricably linked to your phone/laptop? Do you totally understand that women can be interested in light and shade? Heavy and fluffy? Do you know how to balance those two things to create a daily must-read mix of content? Are you organised? Motivated? A team-player? Able to take initiative? Are you prepared to work really hard? Are you excited by the idea of building and growing online communities across social media platforms? Are you across parenting issues? Style? Politics? News? Pop culture? Feminism? Body Image? Sex? Are you still reading?
This is not a clock-punching job. You need to live and breathe the online world and have an insatiable appetite for news, social media, great first-person writing and pop culture.
Here are some of the more specific boxes you need to tick if you’d like to apply for this role:
- Solid journalistic experience – in traditional media and/or digital.
- Experience working with CMS (wordpress and drupal preferred)
- The ability to write compelling headlines, tweets and Facebook status updates.
- Experience with community building/management on social media.
- The ability to manage rolling deadlines – the Internet never sleeps.
- The ability to manage a team and work closely with senior management
- Familiarity with the top women’s websites both here and internationally.
- The ability to work with contributors and to identify new writing talent on the net and in traditional media.
- A strong working knowledge and first-hand experience of social media, using Facebook and Twitter to drive traffic and create communities
- Sub-editing skills – knowing how to work constructively with writers to improve their work
- Stamina, enthusiasm, passion, energy, positivity.
If you’re interested in applying, please send your CV along with a cover letter of introduction that gives a topline view of your experience and tells us anything else we need to know to: email@example.com
We will compile a shortlist of applicants who will then be contacted with further information.