Adventurer Lincoln Hall died after early exposure to asbestos.

FILE – This Friday, May 26, 2006 photo released by shows Australian mountaineer Lincoln Hall in a tent at Mount Everest’s advanced base camp at 6,400 meters (20,997 feet). Hall, who had been given up for dead near the summit of Everest in 2006 has died of cancer. Friends and climbing partners said he died Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at a Sydney hospital a year after being diagnosed with mesothelioma. He had been exposed to asbestos doing construction work early in his life. (AP Photo/, Jamie McGuinness)

Join the conversation