The most popular baby names in Australia have been released, and once again, my name has missed out.
Next year is the year for Dimitys everywhere, just you wait.
The wider list shows that celebrity babies have started their worldwide influence young, with a huge surge of popularity for the following names:
– Mason and Penelope, born to reality TV star Kourtney Kardashian
– Harper, born to David and Victoria Beckham
– Willow, born to singer Pink
– Noah, born to singer Michael Bublé
– Elijah, born to singer Elton John
– Lincoln, born to actress Kristen Bell
– Olive, born to Drew Barrymore
When we break the names down into State and Territory, we can see that my name still does not feature:
And finally, the top 100 reveals that its been a bad year for the five Dimitys forging on in Australia.
In case you feel like your name was deserving of top 10 status and has so far missed out, have a look through the top 100 names to see if you gained a coveted spot.
Girls (with occurrence)
Boys (with occurrence)
In case these names are a little too conventional for you, have a look through the top baby names according to nameberry.com in 2013 for some inspiration:
So, did your name feature this year? How about your kids’ names? Would you want them to feature or would you prefer them to be different?