Has your partner put on weight recently? Do they leave nail clippings on the bathroom floor? Do they snore? Wear unfashionable underwear? Because really you might want to think about kicking their arse to the curb. Don’t even wait another day.
Remember the 7 year itch? It’s gone. Replaced by the 3 year itch. Because you know we are so busy, we can’t even wait 4 more years to start scratching.
A survey of 2,000 British adults in a study commissioned by Warner Brothers to promote the release of comedy film “Hall Pass” in UK cinemas shows that most steady relationships marked 36-months as the time when relationship stress levels peak. The study also showed a trend of more girls or boys nights out even solo holidays away from partners to keep the romance alive. According to a Reuters report:
“The poll compared feedback from those in short-term relationships (defined as less than three years) and people who were married or in longer-term partnerships.
The findings showed that 67 percent of all of those surveyed said that small irritations which are seemingly harmless and often endearing during the first flushes of love often expand into major irritations around 36 months.
This suggests that as we get older together, romance gives way to day to day practicalities, supported by the fact that 55 percent of busy people in longer-term relationships admit that they now have to “schedule” their romantic time.
The top 10 passion-killers:
1. Weight gain/lack of exercise, 13 percent;
2. Money & Spend thriftiness, 11 percent;
3. Anti-social working hours, 10 percent;
4. Hygiene issues (personal cleanliness), 9 percent;
5. In-Laws/extended family – too much/too little, 9 percent;
6. Lack of romance (sex, treats etc.), 8 percent;
7. Alcohol – drinking too much, 7 percent;
8. Snoring & anti social bedtime habits, 6 percent;
9. Lapsed fashion-Same old underwear/clothes, 4 percent;
10. Bathroom habits – Stray nail cuttings etc., 4 percent.
How long have you been in your current relationship or how long was your last relationship? What are the little things that kill the LURVE for you?