Shakira has given birth to a baby boy.
Baby Milan was born at 9:36pm in Barcelona and is the first child of the 35-year-old Columbian singer and her partner, Spanish footballer Gerard Piqué, 25. The couple have been together since 2011, having met on the set of Shakira’s music video ‘Waka Waka’ the previous year.
It is speculated Milan was born via C-section, and that Shakira requested the team assisted her gynaecologist should be composed only of women.
The singer Tweeted to her followers in the lead up to the birth, asking them to keep her in their prayers.
A statement has also been released on her official website, explaining Milan’s name and even more importantly his football allegiance:
“The name Milan (pronounced MEE-lahn), means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient Roman, eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification.
Just like his father, baby Milan became a member of FC Barcelona at birth.”
2.Leonardo DiCaprio to quit acting to focus on dating Victoria’s Secret models: 4 things we’ll miss the most [click to read]
3. Radio host Yumi Stynes has revealed she got married in October last year.
Stynes, 37, announced her engagement to Martin Bendeler during an episode of The Circle in February last year. The couple have managed to keep the wedding a secret for over three months, until Stynes shared the news with Sydney radio station Mix 106.5 FM, where she’s set to start her new gig hosting breakfast with Sami Lukas.
Stynes said her two daughters, aged 10 and 8, have taken well to the new addition to their family.
“We had a beautiful time but it’s been really interesting watching the girls absorb this new person who was a stranger two years ago to them.”
You can listen to the rest of her comments here:
4. Are these 50-year-old men much sexier than 25-year-olds? [click to read]
5. Clothes to buy a guy for April Fools Day.
Stuck for a birthday present idea for your boyfriend/husband/brother? Sick of buying him socks and T-shirts?
Don’t fret – some of the world’s top fashion designers have your shopping list sorted. How about a chic leather hat, complete with Mickey Mouse ears? Or perhaps a three-piece ensemble creating the visual effect of wearing a cardboard box?
These are just some of the latest menswear looks to hit the catwalks in Paris, adding to the already large body of evidence that suggests designers are either from another planet, or taking some very strong drugs. Or both. Take a look here:
6. One of the best things about having a baby is dressing them up: even celebrities aren’t immune – check out the costume Drew Barrymore put baby Olive in [click to see]
7. Everyone’s talking about Beyonce’s Inauguration performance – was she lip-syncing? Watch and decide.
8. Our favourite moment from Inauguration Day: Barack and Michelle Obama slow dancing to Jennifer Hudson’s rendition of ‘Lets Stay Together’. Watch it here.
9. Prepare yourselves to feel old: Cash registers, manual typewriters and 7 other sounds your kids won’t recognise…