1. Boxer/Hangover actor Mike Tyson caught Brad Pitt in bed with his wife. That’s Mike Tyson’s wife – Robin Givens – not Brad’s wife, because he wasn’t married at the time. Following? KEEP UP.
In an interview that revealed him to be hugely sensitive and adorable, Iron Mike (who is a convicted rapist FYI) talked about how just prior to their divorce…..”I would go to my lawyer’s office to say she’s a pig and stealing, I would go to … her house to have sex with her. This particular day, someone beat me to the punch. And I guess Brad got there earlier than I did. I was mad as hell. I was going to … you should have saw his face when he saw me.”
What a catch. Why on earth would she have been sleeping with Brad Pitt when she had THAT to come home to every night…
2. The vagina wedding dress. Yes, you read that correctly. This dress was made by an imaginative lady named Hazel Moore, as part of her end of year fashion show at the Glasgow School of Art. Hazel’s work explores the ‘Sheela-na-Gig, ‘a conflicting symbol originally of fertility and later also of promiscuity’.
Hazel explains that her work ‘confronts the audience’s own perceptions, encouraging them to not only interpret the work in front of them but also reflect their own reaction to the work.’ Later this year Hazel is planning a performance art piece that will ‘climax’ (her words not ours) in ‘an explosion of vulva shaped confetti, further enveloping the audience in this celebration.’
It won’t shock you to learn that the frock is fast becoming somewhat of a gynecological internet sensation. Imagine cuddling dad before he walks you down the isle in this little number.
4. This woman bravely grew out her facial hair for Movember to raise awareness of her condition and money for prostate cancer.
36-year-old Siobhain Fletcher has hirsutism and has been battling excessive facial hair since the age of 17. Siobhain has always been very self-conscious about the hair on her face and normally shaves every other day so that she is not mistaken for a man.
But Movember changed everything for her. Siobhain stopped shaving and decided to embrace her lady-beard to raise money for prostate cancer. And she managed to raise a fair bit of a cash for what is a seriously excellent cause. BRAVO SIOBHAIN.
6. Every woman wants to smell like…….A MAN. If you’re selling a new fragrance for women, the first thing you need to do is find a bloke. First, Brad Pitt became the face of Chanel no. 5 (in one of the most parodied ads of the year). Then Justin Bieber decided to release a female perfume.
And now, One Direction have announced that they are releasing their own fragrance – also for the ladies. And judging by their popularity with the ladies, it’s likely to go gangbusters even if it smells like boy-band microphone sweat.
8. Would you wear it? Let’s put it this way, we’ve never seen Publisher and Creator Mia Freedman show up to work in a suit. The woman likes to rock a sequin, animal print sparkles and neon. And that’s just her Arm Party. Here she is last week showing off a Willow dress, teamed with a Bonds tee, Owls of Eden necklace and Typo bag.
Anti-pervert hairy leggings. Uh-huh.
10. Births, engagements, divorces & marriages:
- Natalie Gruzlewski, 35 (host of Farmer Wants a Wife) married property developer Jack Ray, 27 in a very private ceremony in Kingscliff.
- Jemima Kirke, 27 (from the tv show Girls) has given birth to a baby boy – named Memphis.
- Hugh Hefner, 86 is engaged to young girlfriend Crystal Harris, 26 *again* – the pair were set to walk down the aisle in June last year, but Crystal called it off.
- Dennis Quaid, 58 has filed for divorce, ending his 8-year marriage to Kimberly Buffington, 41.