Welcome to the Fluff Files.
It’s our new post on all things celebrity (but without the snark and the stooopid). Of course you can still get involved in the latest social, political and parenting issues here at Mamamia but The Fluff Files is a chance for you to indulge yourself in some guilt free celebrity news. Here’s what’s happening on Planet Celebrity today:
1. Katy Perry turns down $20 million for American Idol. Katy has said it wouldn’t be the right career move for her at the moment and that she just wouldn’t have time between touring and recording.
How does that pay day rate? Mariah Carey has signed on for a reported $18 million. Former judge Jennifer Lopez was paid $12 million per season for her appearance, Britney Spears joined The X Factor as a judge for $16 million and Christina Aguilera makes $10 million per season for The Voice.
It’s reported that the final line-up of judges for the next season of American Idol will be Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj (for $8 million) and Keith Urban (for a reported $4 million).
2. Nicole ‘Snooki’ Polizzi has a baby! Snooki took to Twitter to announce the arrival of her son, saying “I am SO IN LOVE with my son Lorenzo Dominic! I had my little man last night, healthy at 6lbs! HE’S MY WORLD!”
3. Octomom fears she’ll be homeless. Nadya Suleman, AKA Octomom, fears that she will be homeless soon after being continually rejected by homeowners as they don’t want to rent to her because of her notoriety.
Suleman found a house in Orange County for $2,700 per month rent and despite offering to pay seven months upfront, the landlord ejected her, reportedly telling Suleman’s agent, “they do not want to subject the neighbours to the media involved with the client”.
In other Octomom news, check out a sample of her new techno song, titled “Sexy Party”:
4. Britney Spears reportedly wants her conservatorship to end. The pop star is currently under a court order which means she has no decision making power over issues related to her finances and welfare.
RadarOnline.com reports that “Britney wants the conservatorship to end, it’s fine with her if it stays in place as far as her business and professional life, but she wants to call the shots when it comes to her personal life. Britney pointed out to the judge that she will be on live television weekly this fall once X Factor premiers on Fox in September and the tremendous progress she has made since the conservatorship was put in place almost four years ago.”
5. And here’s the latest from celebrity Twitter:
Kim Kardashian's fringe...
Kim Kardashian's fringe...
Can’t get enough fluff? Never fear. Head on over to our sister site iVillage and they will give you more fluff than you can possibly handle in their fab entertainment news section. Have a look HERE.