Welcome to the long weekend edition of Fluff. If you have missed anything in the celebrity world this week, or just can’t get enough, you’ve come to the right place. Enjoy.
1. Barack Obama was sworn in for his second term as president today but it was his wife’s fringe that everyone’s talking about.
Michelle Obama – or ‘FLOTUS’ (the First Lady of the United States), as some people affectionately call her – revealed a new hairstyle yesterday at the Kids’ Inaugural Concert.
The concert was started in 2009 to honour the country’s military families – and this year featured performances from Usher, Katy Perry and the cast of Glee.
It also featured the first lady’s fringe.
Click through the gallery for more pictures of celebrities with fringes. Do you need one? Do you?
[nggallery id=712 template=carousel images=0]
2. Kristen Bell’s birth plans made us really laugh – and love her even more. Watch her talk about them with Ellen DeGeneres here.
3. Ellen DeGeneres has already revealed she’s coming to Australia – but before she does, she will fly two Aussies to LA.
And droves of people would like to be one of those lucky two. Australian fans of the all-dancing talk-show host gathered in Sydney Harbour on Tuesday, after Ellen tweeted:
On Tuesday morning at 10am there was a live cross with her producers from the Opera House – and Ellen encouraged her fans to show up with passports and packed luggage.
In the end, two young girls were selected to travel to LA – after proving how much they wanted it, by performing an opera-style song for the other hopefuls gathered in the harbour.
4. It’s a flag, no it’s a sandwich, no a flag – hang on what is this and can you serve it on Australia Day – click here to see.
5. Shakira has given birth to a baby boy.
Baby Milan was born at 9:36pm in Barcelona and is the first child of the 35-year-old Columbian singer and her partner, Spanish footballer Gerard Piqué, 25. The couple have been together since 2011, having met on the set of Shakira’s music video ‘Waka Waka’ the previous year.
It is speculated Milan was born via C-section, and that Shakira requested the team assisted her gynaecologist should be composed only of women.
The singer Tweeted to her followers in the lead up to the birth, asking them to keep her in their prayers.
A statement has also been released on her official website, explaining Milan’s name and even more importantly his football allegiance:
“The name Milan (pronounced MEE-lahn), means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient Roman, eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification.
Just like his father, baby Milan became a member of FC Barcelona at birth.”
6. Justin Timberlake has just released the video for his new single “Suit & Tie and he’s smoking – literally. Watch the clip here
7. Dear Adele, if you want your baby’s name to stay secret, don’t wear a necklace with his name on it.
The Skyfall singer, 24, has been determined to keep her first baby’s name under wraps since his birth in October. In recent interviews Adele has referred to her son only as “Little Peanut” and after winning a Golden Globe this month, she told journalists it was “too early” and “too private” to reveal his name.
But uh-oh. Adele has been snapped leaving a West Hollywood baby boutique wearing a gold nameplate necklace that says “Angelo”. Oops.
8. LeAnn Rimes opted for a rather, er interesting hairstyle for her appearance on the Jimmy Kimmel show – check it out here.
9. A baby Bublé is on the way.
Canadian singer Michael Bublé, 37, and his wife, Argentine actress and former singer Luisana Lopilato, 25, are expecting their first child.
The couple shared the news in a cute video message. The clip announces “Mike, Lu… and mini Bublé!” while an ultrasound image is displayed, all to the appropriately-chosen tune of ‘Haven’t Met You Yet’. Take a look here:
Hopefully, baby Bublé will inherit his or her parents’ vocal skills. This may be getting ahead of ourselves, but is it too early to imagine a whole troop of all-singing Bublé children, von Trapp family style?
10. Beyonce has just launched a new blog. It’s a little bit like Pinterest but with a touch more awesome… click here for all the details.